Building & Inspections
The Building and Inspection Department handles and issues all building permits for Lehi City.
The City has certified inspectors who are qualified plan examiners and inspectors for all types of building construction with the purpose to promote a safe and professional building quality for Lehi City.
- All permit applications to be through the Building Permit Submittal Portal. You can enter the portal here.
- Timpanogos Special Service District Fee Increase of 2/1/23 – All permits bought after January 31, 2023, with T.S.S.D. fees, will be recalculated and charged the new fee. Plans submitted in the month of January may be subject to the new fees. For more information, see T.S.S.D’s website or call T.S.S.D at 801-756-5231.
- Help us more efficiently conduct inspections by ensuring that your project is ready before scheduling an inspection. Re-inspection fees will be assessed when a project is clearly not ready. Letter from the Building Official
- Note for Inspections: Please allow 24 hours notice for any type of inspection.
- To schedule inspections, call the Building Inspection Office at 385-201-1035. Inspections will not be scheduled by voicemail, email, or online.
- Note for General Contractors: It is important for the General Contractor to understand that it is his/her responsibility to be sure this project is constructed in full compliance with all state and local Codes and Ordinance. The plans are not all inclusive of all minimum codes and ordinances. This fact does not relieve the Contractor from compliance with all minimum standards. No omission from these plans gives permission for violation for any code or ordinance. No approval ever grants permission to violate any code or town ordinance.
Inspection Status Updates
Developers and contractors can now check the status of inspections. You will need either the building permit number, the site address, or the subdivision and lot number.
Forms and Information
Connection & Impact Fees Updated 1/31/2023
Permit Application form 1/2023
Contractor Hold Harmless Agreement
Gas Pipe Diagram Example
All plans are to be submitted electronically. This includes permit applications, compliance checks, structurals, and geo tech reports. Reviews will be done digitally and plans will be stamped on each page for inspectors to check for current approved sheets. Contractors will be responsible to print a hard copy of the approved plans showing the City’s stamp and have them on the job site for every inspection.
New Commercial Permit Requirements
Commercial Tenant Finish
Commercial Remodel Permit Requirements
New Residential Construction
Residential Basement Finish
Residential Detached Garage or Shed
Building Permit Submittal Portal – All permit applications to be submitted here
Enter Portal Here – Submit all applicable documents for your project
Commercial and Residential projects that include solar power must also submit an application to the Lehi City Power Department. Visit the Power Department website for information on solar power in Lehi.
Solar Permit Check List
Current Codes and Design Standards
- 2021 I Codes
- 2020 NEC
- ICC/ANSI A117.1-2017
- All Adopted Utah State Amendments
- Ground Snow Load: 43 psf
- Roof Snow Load: 30 psf
- Wind Speed 115 Exposure C
- Seismic Design Category: D2
- Frost Line Depth: Minimum 30″