Employee Benefits Summary – July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021
Employees of Lehi City receive compensation in several ways for the work they do. In addition to their paychecks, these benefit programs represent a significant contribution toward the total compensation package.
Medical – PEHP (plan year July 1 – June 30)
- Two plans available for employees to select from
- Traditional Plan – (FSA compatible) Deductible $750 per individual, $1,500 per family. Out of Pocket Maximum is $3,600 for individual, $7,200 for family.
- STAR Plan – (HSA compatible) Deductible $2,000 per individual, $4,000 per family. Out of Pocket Maximum $3,000 for individual, $6,000 per family.
- Two networks available: Advantage (IHC facilities and providers) and Summit (non-IHC, including Mountain Point Hospital, U of U).
- Benefits effective upon date of hire as full-time employee.
- In lieu of for those waiving Medical coverage. Half of the insurance premium is contributed to the employees URS 401(k) account.
- Lehi City pays 95% of each full-time employees’ monthly premium. Those choosing to participate in the Wellness Program are covered at 100%.
Health Savings Account (HSA) – HealthEquity
- HSA is a tax-free savings account to help pay for qualified out-of-pocket medical or dental expenses.
- Contribution from Lehi City per year is $1,050 for single coverage and $2,100 for two party or family coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts – National Benefit Services
- Flexible Spending – Tax-free contributions applied to qualified medical expenses as determined by the IRS. $500 carries over per year for unused contributions.
- Dependent Care – Employee determines the election amount not to exceed the annual maximum contribution of $5,000.
Dental – Dental Select (plan year Jan 1 – Dec 31)
- No waiting period for basic, major, or orthodontics coverage.
- Monthly premium paid by Lehi City.
Vision – EyeMed (plan year July 1 – June 30)
- Hardware only plan–coverage, pricing, and discounts on contacts, frames, hardware, etc.
- Voluntary Benefit — premiums paid by the employee.
Life and AD&D – Lincoln
- Basic coverage, $50,000 life insurance and $50,000 AD&D paid 100% by employer. Basic term life insurance for spouse and dependents at $10,000 each. Options to purchase additional term life and AD&D available.
Long Term Disability – Lincoln Financial
- Upon disability, 66.67% of an employee’s salary up to $6,000 per month will be paid out after meeting the 90-day elimination period. Police officers and Firefighters covered 100% when an on duty injury.
- Monthly premium paid by Lehi City.
Supplemental Insurance – MetLife
- Three plans available – Critical Illness, Accidental and Group Hospital Indemnity.
- Monthly premium paid by the employee.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Intermountain EAP
- A free, confidential counseling benefit to all employees and their immediate family members.
Retirement Savings – URS/ICMA-RC
- Lehi contributes to Social Security in behalf of employees.
- Lehi participates with Utah Retirement Systems and contributes 10% to their URS Account.
- Optional savings plans are available for 401K, 457 and IRA in URS and ICMA-RC.
- City does not match employee retirement contribution.
- Vacation Leave – During the first year of employment an employee accrues 90 hours of vacation time. Each year rates increase by an average of five to six hours and caps out at 14 years of service at 170 hours per year.
- Sick Leave – Sick leave is earned at 96 hours/year.
- Holiday Pay – 12 paid holidays (10 hours each) per calendar year.
Additional Benefit Information for Full Time Employees
- Eligible for a Lehi Legacy Center Family Membership.