Lehi City is a designated passport acceptance facility and will begin accepting passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State beginning June 25, 2018. Appointments are required. Call 385.201.2279 to make an appointment.
Passport Application Requirements
- Fill out a Passport Application for each person applying for a passport using black ink only. You can fill out and print an application online US Passport Application or fill out a written application in the Lehi City Passport office.
- Each person applying for a passport must be present, including minors.
- A Passport photo is required. Lehi City can take your photo for $10.00 per photo. The US State Department has issued a new photo passport requirement. Effective November 1, 2016 passport photos of customers wearing eye glasses will not be accepted except under special conditions.
- You are required to present a valid photo ID with your application, to include one of the following:
- Current driver’s license
- Aircraft pilot’s license
- Official military ID card
- Parent’s identification for a child’s passport (under age 16)
- You are required to present provide proof of citizenship with your application, to include one of the following:
- Original birth certificate or certified copy issued by the county health department
- Hospital issued birth certificates are not allowed
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
- Original Certificate of Citizenship
- Previous U.S. passport book or card
- You must bring in a check (no counter or starter checks) or a certified check to pay for your passport. This check must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- For your acceptance fee and any photo fees, you can pay by check, credit card, debit card or cash.
Passport Requirements for Minors Under Age 16.
- Minors need to come in with their parent(s) in order to apply for a passport.
- Both parents must be present unless one parent has filled out a State of Consent (form 3053).
- You must bring a birth certificate for each child.
- You must bring in each child’s expired passport if they were issued one.
- For children under age 16, you pay minor passport application fees.
- A minor’s passport is valid for five years.
Passport Requirements for Minors age 16 and 17.
- Minors are able to apply independent of parents if they are able to submit sufficient photo ID or evidence of parental awareness (check from parent).
- Minor must bring in his or her expired passport if they were issued one.
- For minors age 16 or 17, you pay adult passport application fees.
- Passport is valid for ten years.
Passport Processing Time
The average processing time for passports is six weeks. Expedited applications take three weeks.
- Downloadable application forms (You must put your social security number on your passport application)
- Current requirements and fees
- Travel warnings
- Consular information sheets (on every country in the world)
- Check on the status of your application at: www.travel.state.gov/passport. Please allow 7 days for your passport information to show up online.