Lehi City is a designated passport acceptance facility.
Appointments are required.
or call 385.201.1000 to make an appointment.
Passport Application Requirements
- Fill out a Passport Application for each person applying for a passport using black ink only. You can fill out and print an application online US Passport Application or fill out a written application in the Lehi City Passport office.
- Each person applying for a passport must be present, including minors.
- A Passport photo is required. Lehi City can take your passport photo for a fee of $10.00 per photo. Passport photos of customers wearing eye glasses will not be accepted except under special conditions.
- You are required to present a valid photo ID with your application, to include one of the following:
- Current driver’s license
- Aircraft pilot’s license
- Official military ID card
- Parent’s identification for a child’s passport (under age 16)
- You are required to present one of the following proof of citizenship with your application:
- Original birth certificate or certified copy issued by the county health department (Hospital issued birth certificates are not allowed.)
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
- Original Certificate of Citizenship
- Previous U.S. passport book or card
- You must bring in a check (no counter or starter checks) or a certified check to pay for your passport. Check must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- You can pay the $35.00 acceptance fee and any photo fees by check, credit card, debit card or cash to Lehi City.
Passport Requirements for Minors Under Age 16.
- Minors need to come in with their parent(s) in order to apply for a passport.
- Both parents must be present unless one parent has filled out a State of Consent (form 3053).
- You must bring a birth certificate for each child.
- You must bring in each child’s expired passport if they were issued one.
- For children under age 16, pay minor passport application fees.
- A minor’s passport is valid for five (5) years.
Passport Requirements for Minors age 16 and 17.
- Minors are able to apply independent of parents if they are able to submit sufficient photo ID or evidence of parental awareness (check from parent).
- Minor must bring in his or her expired passport, if they were issued one.
- For minors age 16 or 17, you pay adult passport application fees.
- Passport is valid for ten (10) years.
Passport Processing Time
The average processing time for passports is six (6) weeks. Expedited applications take three (3) weeks.
- Downloadable application forms (You must put your social security number on your passport application)
- Current requirements and fees
- Travel warnings
- Consular information sheets (on every country in the world)
- Check on the status of your application at: www.travel.state.gov/passport. Please allow 7 days for your passport information to show up online.