Lehi City is a designated passport acceptance facility. Passport processing is by appointment only.
Passport processing times as of 6/22/2021
Routine: Door-to-door service in 18 weeks (includes up to 12 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing on front and back end)
Expedited: Costs an extra $60. Door-to-door service in 12 weeks (includes up to 6 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing on front and back end)
New Passport Application Requirements
Lehi City only processes new passport applications. To renew your passport, download the form from the US Department of State’s website. You must mail that in yourself.
- Fill out a Passport Application for each person applying for a passport using black ink only before your appointment. You can fill out and print an application online US Passport Application to bring with you to your appointment. It is recommended that you fill out your passport application prior to your appointment to expedite the process.
- Each person applying for a passport must be present, including minors.
- A Passport photo is required. Lehi City can take your passport photo for a fee of $10.00 per photo. Passport photos of customers wearing eye glasses will not be accepted, except under special conditions.
- You are required to present a valid photo ID with your application, to include one of the following:
- Current driver’s license
- Aircraft pilot’s license
- Official military ID card
- Parent’s identification for a child’s passport (under age 16)
- You are required to present one of the following proof of citizenship with your application:
- Original birth certificate or certified copy issued by the county health department (Hospital issued birth certificates are not allowed.)
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
- Original Certificate of Citizenship
- Previous U.S. passport book or card
- You must bring in a check (no counter or starter checks) or a certified check to pay for your passport. Check must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- You can pay the $35.00 acceptance fee and any photo fees by check, credit card, debit card or cash to Lehi City.
Click here to see the fees to apply for a Passport.
Passport Requirements for Minors Under Age 16.
- Minors need to come in with their parent(s) in order to apply for a passport.
- Both parents must be present unless one parent has filled out a State of Consent (form 3053).
- You must bring a birth certificate for each child.
- You must bring in each child’s expired passport if they were issued one.
- For children under age 16, pay minor passport application fees.
- A minor’s passport is valid for five (5) years.
Passport Requirements for Minors age 16 and 17.
- Minors are able to apply independent of parents if they are able to submit sufficient photo ID or evidence of parental awareness (check from parent).
- Minor must bring in his or her expired passport, if they were issued one.
- For minors age 16 or 17, you pay adult passport application fees.
- Passport is valid for ten (10) years.
Passport Processing Time
As of June 2021, the average processing time for passports is 18 weeks. Expedited application processing time currently 12 weeks.
- Downloadable application forms
- Download Passport Renewal forms – Lehi City does not process passport renewal applications. You must mail that application yourself.
- Current requirements and fees
- Travel warnings
- Consular information sheets (on every country in the world)
- Check on the status of your application at: www.travel.state.gov/passport. Please allow 7 days for your passport information to show up online.