Skip to main content
City Services

Special Event Permit

A Special Event Permit is needed when an event is being held on City property or will use City property, such as roads.  Lehi City doesn’t approve Special Event Permits for commercial ventures.

Special event permits are required of any:
(1) private function such as a fund-raiser, party, race, over-sized group (100+ in attendance) picnics, etc.,
(2) event that intends to use city property such as roads, sidewalks, parks, etc.,
(3) an event that may interfere with the public’s typical use of City property,
(4) and/or requires the dedication of additional city staff or services. (See Municipal Code 4.6)

All Special Event Applications must be submitted through an online process.  Applicant must turn in insurance and all other necessary documentation  Once all the information is received your application will then be reviewed by a committee before being given approval.  After approval all fees must be paid before receiving a Special Event Permit. Please allow a minimum of at least 30 days prior to your event. The penalty for not obtaining a Special Event Permit when one is required is an infraction with up to a $750 fine. (See Municipal Code 4.6) You must keep a copy of your permit with you during your event.

Once your application has been approved, the following fees must be paid to obtain a Special Event Permit:
(1) a $20 Special Event Review Fee,
(2) additional charges for police, fire, or parks personnel as needed for the event (see the City Fee Schedule for a breakdown), and
(3) a $100 refundable deposit (this deposit will be refunded to you after the event concludes assuming no damage has taken place).
(4) If your event requires the use of a park pavilion, a copy of a park pavilion reservation confirmation is also required.



Other Requirements

Bounce Houses require special insurance regulations. You will also need to obtain a Special Event PermitBounce houses on city property require a permit and insurance regardless of the amount of people in attendance.

Some special events also require a Temporary Mass Gathering Permit obtained through the Utah County Health Department. A Temporary Mass Gathering Permit is required of any event that:
(1) will have 500 or more attendees at one location (public or private) for
(2) 2 or more hours, and
(3) is located at a facility that was not constructed for that heavy of use. (You can typically tell this if it is necessary to bring in portable toilets, garbage cans, or parking services for the event.) (See Utah Administrative Code R392-400)
If your event does also require a Temporary Mass Gathering Permit, you can learn more and obtain one with the Utah County Health Department above or through this link.

If you are holding an event on the Murdock Canal Trail or the Jordan River Trail, you need to obtain a Special Event Permit with Utah County. All of the information on that process is available here on their website.

If you are holding an event on a UDOT owned road such as Redwood Road or Timpanogos Highways, you need to obtain a Special Event Permit with UDOT. All of the information on that process is available here on their website.