Solicitors, Canvassers, and Peddlers
Each individual desiring to engage in door-to-door solicitation within the City of Lehi, prior to doing so, is required to obtain a solicitors permit . Solicitors permits are issued by the City Licensing official and are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Each solicitor will be issued a photo ID badge that is required to be worn at all times while soliciting in Lehi City limits.
Each individual soliciting is required to submit the following information at the time of applying for a solicitor’s permit:
1. Completed Solicitor Application for solicitor registration
2. Picture Identification (verification must be in person)
– a valid driver’s license issued by any State, or
– a valid passport issued by the United State, or
– a valid identification card issued by any State, or
– a valid identification issued by a branch of the United State Military
3. Proof that the entity has registered with the Utah State Department of Commerce
4. A special events sales tax number for Lehi – Contact the Utah State Tax Commission at (801) 297-6303.
5. Any other licenses, permits, registrations, or other qualifications required by federal or state law to promote, provide, or render advice regarding the offered goods or services.
6. A BCI background check. They are located at 3888 W. 5400 S. Taylorsville. (801) 965-4445 https://bci.utah.gov/
7. $50.00 fee for each solicitor
Solicitor permits, certificates and I.D. badges are Non-Transferable.
Click here to see the entire Solicitor’s Ordinance