Cultural Organization Grants
CULTURAL ORGANIZATION GRANTS Background
Cultural Organization Grants are funded by the Parks, Arts, Recreation, and Culture (PARC) tax, which was approved by the Lehi voters on November 2, 2021. As established by the City Council, the distribution for the PARC tax allocation is 70% towards parks and recreation and 30% towards arts and culture. These percentages may be adjusted at any time. The funds that go towards arts and culture create the Cultural Organization Grants. The grants include the ongoing operations of cultural organizations AND cultural facilities. The city expects to receive approximately $1.3-1.5 million in PARC tax revenues each year. Approximately $400,000 of that funding will go towards the Cultural Organization Grants.
Cultural Organization Requirements
In order to qualify for the Cultural Organization Application, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The organization has a significant presence in Lehi City.
- The organization’s primary purpose is the advancement and preservation of (i) natural history, (ii) art, (iii) music, (iv) theater, (v) dance, or (vi) cultural arts, including literature, a motion picture, or storytelling.
- The organization is not an agency of the state.
- The organization is not a political subdivision of the state.
- The organization is not an educational institution whose annual revenues are derived more than 50% from state funds.
- The organization is not a radio or television broadcasting network or station, cable communication system, newspaper or magazine.
- The organization is a private nonprofit organization and certificated by the Internal revenue Service as an organization qualifying under § 501 (c) of the Internal Revenue code.
Application Open: TBA
Application Closes: TBA
Application Presentations and PARC Committee Review: Mid-April through end of May
Council Approves PARC projects and funding: TBA
Need a little extra help with your application? Join the PARC Advisory Committee for an application workshop. At this workshop, the Committee will discuss:
- The requirements for the grant
- What is included in a strong application
- The grant review criteria
Applying for a Grant
All applying organizations must read the Lehi City PARC Tax Policy before applying for funds. The link to the policy can be found in the “Helpful Documents” section. For convenience, the PARC Program Application is divided into the two parts. Both parts must be completed online (click the links below to apply):
- Organization Information. One submission required per organization.
- Project Information. One submission required per project or program.
Splitting the application into two parts allows one organization to submit multiple projects or programs, while not requiring them to repeatedly fill out their organization information each time.
Funding Decision Process
A PARC Advisory Committee was created by the City Council to review the Cultural Organization Grant applications. The committee consists of five Lehi City volunteer citizens and two Lehi City staff members. The committee reviews the applications and submit a recommendation to the City Council. The review criteria can be found below in the “Helpful Documents” section. After the committee provides a recommendation, the City Council makes the final decision of which Cultural Organization Grant applications are funded.
Grant Recipient Requirements
- Provide a detailed project fund list;
- Provide a timeline for the project;
- Give verbal and/or written credit to the PARC tax for funds and create a permanent PARC sign where applicable;
- Keep detailed financial records and submit them for audit;
- Use all awarded funds within one year;
- Report to the City Council at the end of the award period.
PARC GRant Recipients
2023 Grant Recipients
PARC Tax Policy
Cultural Organization Grant Criteria Narrative
Lehi City PARC Cultural Organization Grant Application – Part I (organization information PDF document)
Lehi City PARC Cultural Organization Grant Application – Part II (project information PDF document)
Cultural Organization Grant Definitions
For questions on the Cultural Organization Grants, please email PARC@lehi-ut.gov.
To stay up to date on future PARC Cultural Organization Grants application deadlines, information, or workshops, sign up for our emailing list here.