Lehi Photo Contest
Do you think Lehi is a beautiful and great place to live? It’s time to show everyone what it is all about. Lehi is sponsoring a photo contest to get the word out and we are inviting you to capture the beauty of everything our city has to offer.
If you love to take pictures this is your time to shine. Let loose your creative side and capture the fun and beauty that comes with living in our community. You can take your photo of just about anything involving Lehi, but just remember to keep things family-friendly and within the city boundaries.
Whether its life, landscape, or landmarks, get your cameras out and show us what you love most.
Registration link: REGISTRATION FOR 2023 IS NOW CLOSED
You can submit your photo any time through June 12-June 29, 2023. You can enter online or in person.
All entries should contain a brief description of your picture, a signed contest entry agreement, any waivers from those featured in the photo, and a .jpg photo submission (must be 8 mb (3264X2448) in size). *Please no more than 10 entries per person.
Register In-person: REGISTRATION FOR 2023 IS NOW CLOSED
You can submit your photos at the Administration receptionist desk (City Hall, 2nd floor) from 7 a.m.-6 p.m Monday – Thursday and 7 a.m.-4 p.m. on Fridays through June 12-June 29, 2023. All submissions must contain a brief description of your picture, a signed contest entry agreement, any waivers from those featured in the photo, and a .jpg photo submission (must be 8 mb (3264X2448) in size).
Click the link to print out the Photo Contest Agreement form: Lehi Photo Contest Agreement 2023
There will be 3 different categories you can enter. All photographs submitted for consideration in the Lehi Photo Contest 2023 must depict something that generally fits within one of the following categories:
- Lehi Life ( Everyday life in Lehi )
- Lehi Landscape (Nature, scenery, etc.)
- Lehi Landmarks (Buildings, Architecture, etc.)
The Judges will analyze each photograph based upon the following:
- 40% based upon how well the photograph relates to the category
- 30% based upon creativity.
- 30% based upon originality.
Based upon the criteria the Judges will choose a winning photograph for each of the categories.
Public voting will take place beginning June 30, 2023, for a period of one week (midnight of July 7, 2023),. Lehi City will post all the photos on the Lehi City Facebook page. The public is allowed to vote on their favorite by “liking” the picture. The photograph receiving the most votes will be awarded the Public’s Choice award.
Winners will be announced on July 12, 2023. There will be one Grand Prize and a First prize winner in each category.
The photograph receiving the most votes on Facebook will be awarded the Public’s Choice award,
Grand Prize winner will receive $200. Each first prize winner will receive $100.
All prizes awarded must be claimed by the successful applicants no later than August 10, 2023. Any prize not claimed by this date will be forfeited.
All decisions, whether rendered by the Judges or made by residents and Facebook fans, shall be final.
Photo release/Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions shall also apply:
- By submitting a photograph to the Lehi Photo Contest 2023, Applicant understands and agrees that the City may use any photograph submitted, whether timely or not, for the City’s own purposes, including (but not limited to) marketing campaigns, social media sites, websites, and official documents and publications, and may make any edits to said photographs or combine said photographs with other images and media, which the City, in its sole discretion, chooses to make. However, the City will not edit any photograph until after the Judging and voting is complete.
- Applicant represents and warrants that any photograph submitted to the Lehi Photo Contest by Applicant is the original products of the Applicant, and does not violate any intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any kind enjoyed by any individual or entity, nor do any of Applicant’s submissions feature artwork or intellectual property created or owned by another individual or entity.
- Applicant must obtain a written waiver of any image rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of a person or object depicted in a submitted photograph. In addition to the waiver required Applicant must also obtain a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license from said person (or owner of the object) to publicly display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works which include that person or object at no cost to the City. A copy of said waiver and license must accompany this Agreement.
- Applicant agrees to execute such other documents and to take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to further the purposes of this Agreement.
- Applicant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the City against all claims, damages, lawsuits, losses, liabilities, liens, costs, citations, penalties, fines and expenses, including (but not limited to) attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from the submission of Applicant’s submitted photographs.
- Time is of the essence with this Agreement, as well as every term, covenant, and condition contained herein.
- If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall, nevertheless, be construed, performed, and enforced as if the invalidated or unenforceable provision had not been included I the text of the Agreement.