Literacy and Math Tutors
Volunteer Tutors come and help out at the Literacy Center twice a week for an hour each time. Either on Monday and Wednesday or on Tuesday and Thursday.
Youth (must have completed the fourth grade) through adults are always welcome to volunteer as tutors.
Fall, Winter, Spring
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO THE COVID-19 GATHERING RESTRICTIONS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE VOLUNTEER TUTORS FOR OUR SUMMER 2020 SESSION
Come earn the President’s Volunteer Service Award!
The President’s Volunteer Service Award
Utah is ranked #1 in the nation for the highest percentage rate of volunteer service! ~ nationalservice.gov
We honor those volunteers in our community who have earned the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Lifetime Awards.
The Literacy Center benefits from the generosity of those that donate their time. Come to earn the National “Presidential Volunteer Service Award” by volunteering at the Center. Scouts, families, organizations, and businesses are always welcome. Be sure to include your volunteer activities on your scholarship and employment applications, and resumes.
Presidential Volunteer Service Award Info Sheet
Volunteer service performed outside of the Literacy Center in the community may also be used towards the Presidential Volunteer Service Award.
- United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e., green card holder)
- Must be at least 5 years old
- Must be associated with a registered certifying organization
- Completes eligible service within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold awards) and over a lifetime (for Lifetime Achievement Awards)
- Unpaid acts of volunteer service benefiting others. Service through National service programs that provide a stipend (e.g., Peace Corps, America Corps) may count towards the Lifetime Achievement Award, but not for the annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards.
- Travel stipends, transit/parking passes, membership passes, expense reimbursements, and other nominal volunteer support do not impact service eligibility.
- 25% of total hours served per year must be served at the Literacy Center which is a Certifying Organization.
Eligible Service Does Not Include
- Donating Funds
- Political Lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious Instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members
To submit outside service hours to be considered for the 2020 service period, please use the online form below. All submitted service hours must be within the calendar year and verified/approved by the certifying organization.
Record of Outside Service Hours